Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Weekly letter from Josh

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it!!!! I'm here!!! I'm a missionary! Hahahaha so i have a story to tell you! The second or third day i'm here, we were in gym time and my companionship and some other missionaries were playing basketball.....and i go for the rebound, i end up hitting my pinky on another elder. at first i thought i jammed it, but it felt....different than a jammed finger. I look down and....it's dislocated, it like folded on top of itself or something. The FIRST gym day, and that happens. well, great.....but i went to the infirmary and i got patched up, i got this brace thing that holds it in place. I wore that for like 4 days then i took it off and wrapped it to my ring finger with athletic tape that the doctor gave me. I'm healing well, i'm able to bend it halfway now, which is a good sign. 

So the mtc here is actually, really nice! At least it looks nice, it's kinda spread out. Like the classrooms are in one part, the dorms are in another, the cafeteria in another part.  The weather here is awesome! Right now it's like 70 or 80 degrees. One bad thing though is the smog. The air tastes soooooo bad. And it turns out that we're actually at 7000 feet......and utah is like 4,500. It was so weird playing sports, we all ran out of breath really fast hahaha. Spanish is coming along....slowly but surely, it's hard of course, but that's the fun part right? I'm keeping busy with this missionary schedule. It's going to take some time getting used to 6:30 every single morning hahaha. We had a missionary devotional broadcasted to us from the Provo mtc, and Russel M Nelson talked, which of course was great.  So I'm actually in a trio companionship, and both of them are really cool, they have their faults, but I can't cast the first stone hahaha. There's missionaries from all around the world here! Most of them are from the states of course, but I actually met someone from australia! And i met a sister (hermana) from anchorage alaska! And another guy from Maryland. I actually met someone from American Fork, and someone else from Highland.

I'm going to give you a challenge, the first day i got here, i started the Book of Mormon. I challenge you to start it and see if you can keep up with me. I'm starting 2 Nephi tonight, but I'm not just reading it, i'm marking scriptures and stuff. Me and my companionship actually teach this fake investigator about the gospel, which is awesome. We have to say it in spanish, so it's.....hard hahaha.

Oh hey, so another elder told me about this website called "missionarypackagemx.com " where you can send me packages and they'll get here in a day or two. Which is nice because you can't send packages to the mtc here for whatever reason.  You can send like cookies and stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i think that's it for now, i hope i'm not forgetting anything hahaha. I don't know if i told you already, but I can only email on wednesdays, because that's my P day.

Keep me in your prayers, i'll need all the luck i can get

Love,
Elder Morrison

Para siempre Dios esté os Vos

No comments:

Post a Comment