Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekly letter from Josh

Hey family! This week.....was the most interesting. I'll tell you at the end of this letter :)

So this week a few things happened that are worth mentioning. One thing is that I did splits again with some other Elders in a nearby area. It seemed like I was hardly in my area this week, I just worked in another area (Constancia, it's called). It was interesting because the first time I went with a new elder, he has about 4 weeks in the mission field, then the next time I went with his companion who is going to complete a full year in may. I really was able to see the difference in experience, BLESS THE HEART of the new elder, but he has a lot to learn. But, that's the same with all of us isn't it? 

Right now, in our area, we're working on the unity of our little branch. So in this week, we planned "Family Home Evenings" with several families. We're hoping that if this branch is more unified, we'll see more of them at church, one of the problems here is that not too many people want to go to church. However, this week the members took a trip to the temple which personally I think is so amazing! All the members went to the temple, which is about 3 hours away, and did baptisms for the dead. We talked to one member the day after their trip, and she said it was one of the best experiences she has had in a while. I think that this temple trip strengthened the testimony of the members, woo hoo!

Other than that, my companion and I have been working hard to strengthen the faith of our branch, trying to find new people to teach and baptize, and fulfill our calling really. Oh! We found some new people to teach thankfully! We're going to see them this saturday, Jesus and Carlota. Jesus is the son of Carlota, Jesus is a grown man, so therefore Carlota is fairly old. One interesting thing is that she is missing a left leg. That, wasn't a big surprise for me, I have seen so many people missing limbs and different sorts of problems like that. Another thing to be grateful for: my health. 

So yeah! Another quick week of doing the work of the Lord! 

Love you tons!
Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment