Monday, April 6, 2015

From Josh

Hey family! Wow mom, that is a crazy story with that student! Just one crazy thing after the other, how funny! I saw the pictures you took from Easter, it seems like you had a great time! It´s good to see your faces as well :)
Ahhh conference weekend!! Definitely different here than all the times we've seen it together. We broadcasted conference in our little 'casa de oración' as we call it, it's a little tiny building in between two houses. On saturday, we didn't watch any of the sessions, but we did watch priesthood session, that was awesome. On sunday, i watched the first session in english. but i had to watch the 2nd session in spanish because the internet wasn't strong enough to maintain the connection for english and spanish. So i decided to sacrifice watching conference in english so the members could watch conference better. Thankfully! the Church puts all of the talks online, so I can read them while I'm on here :) Another reason the Church is awesome!
Ah so last friday I got Steven's package he told me about! I was so happy, I couldn't wait to open it! I saw all the ties he told me about, they are really cool and a bit hilarious because of their patterns. He also sent me a book called the Missionary Pal, it's this little black book that contains tons and tons of scripture references to tons of different subjects about the Gospel. I honestly think that little book is so much better than the ties! Don't get me wrong I love the ties, in fact I'm wearing one of them right now, but the Missionary Pal is so cool! Thank you a ton Steven!
We didn't do anything too exciting this week, although this transfer we got two new missionaries, I'm not the newest missionary anymore! It's a bit nice, although I feel the most inexperienced still, haha that'll change though, I know it :) Their names are Elder (of course) Perez and Elder Alcazar, Perez is from Pachuca and Alcazar is from Oaxaca! They're really cool guys and really good missionaries too! Fresh from the CCM hahaha. Last tuesday, Elder Perez and I went on splits together, so I had the chance to get to know him better, he's really nice and friendly, and I can tell that he loves the Gospel, I'm grateful for that opportunity I had. 
Today, we (Elder Zavala and I) went with two other companionships to the Liverpool mall, I don't know if you remember me telling you about this mall, but this mall is legit! (Forgive me for my slang Dad ;) ) It's just like any other mall in the US which is weird, and really cool, for me. Anyways! We all went to this mall to meet a member and her 3 kids, this member is a convert of Elder Zavala. They're all really nice and awesome. Everybody I meet here is just so fantastic!!! So we ate with them in the food court, then we went for ice cream..in the mall, and we took pictures while riding up and down the escalators with the member's Ipad. That was so funny! I, being the tallest, was chosen to hold the ipad up and take this pictures while we were riding and descending up and down the escalators. It was so fun!
Other than that, we've just been visiting with the people in our area, sharing messages about the Gospel, and walking A TON, and learning more and more each day :) I've noticed that my spanish is improving quite a bit, today I've been noticing how well I can understand people, I'm not too bad in my own opinion. However, I still have much to learn :) As always!
So yeah! That's all! Oh! So the Wells Fargo card expires this September, I took out 1500 pesos the other day so...yeah, the church bank card is from Bank of America and that lasts my entire mission.
With tons and tons of love,
Elder Morrison
A little scripture for you guys since it was Easter Weekend,
John 15:13
Nadie tiene mayor amor que éste, que uno ponga su vida por sus amigos
It's about how Christ gave his life for all of us, because of his immense love for us, how awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment