Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Weekly letter from Josh

Aw why didn't you tell me that you were sharing these emails!?!?! xD

Haha well now i need to watch my language! Do i really say crap and suck?

Anyways, so here's what happened this week. This saturday marks 1 month since i have been out, and today marks 5 weeks in the mtc. crazy right? 

On sunday, we watched a video about joseph smith that i haven't seen before. It was amazing! It perfectly described the trials and how hard his life was while he was restoring the gospel. It was incredible. One of the presidency members said whenever you're in between a rock and a hard place, to write a letter to joseph smith. Saying how grateful you are for him enduring to the end really. He had tremendous faith for this gospel and that video strengthened my testimony about joseph smith (Joseph Smith = José Smith in Spanish) It's really weird to say José smith because Joseph sounds so much more sophisticated, in spanish I feel like i'm saying "Joe Smith saw God and his son Jesus Christ"

So I'm pretty sure I've told you about our fake investigators, basically we teach our teachers as if they were investigators. So this week we were teaching "Juana" who has had a really tough life with her husband and her kids, and poverty, and other things. The last lesson, we committed her to baptism! We set a date and everything! I was so happy! I felt accomplished really. It was interesting afterwards because it was just our teacher, pretending to be an investigator. But it felt as if it was a legitimate investigator, and that got me wondering how it's going to be in the field.

I'm growing my testimony of the scriptures, I love reading the scriptures and there's so many i need to mark because I like them so much and i could use them for future investigators! If I had to choose which aspect of the gospel I loved the most, it would be the scriptures. I'm in jacob and currently reading and studying about the Allegory of the Olive tree. It's a long chapter! 77 verses! (versículos = verses) 

So rumor has it that next sunday, when we watch a gospel video, we could be watching Meet the Mormons! That's what i've heard at least, I hope that's going to happen! The videos are probably one of the best things on sundays, even though sundays are the best. I bore my testimony last sunday, since it was fast sunday. It was great because I don't normally do that. It was an interesting experience with the spirit there. There was some really strong testimonies that day, the spirit kept pushing me and pushing me to get up there and speak. Almost to the point where i had tears in my eyes. So I followed the prompting and I got up there and said a pretty good testimony i feel like. I say that because when I was done, like 3 people all went up at the same time, I kinda felt like I gave other people inspiration to get up and bear their testimony. Which happened to me just before that, so that was cool.

I memorized the 1st vision in spanish! So i'm moving along with spanish, my next goal is to memorize James 1:5 in spanish, which should be easy. I'm also currently trying to memorize D&C 4 in spanish, I have the first 2 verses memorized. I'm making good progress I feel like.

With love,
Elder Morrison

Vi una columna de luz, más brillante que el sol, directamente arriba de mi cabeza, y esta luz gradualmente descendió hasta descansar sobre mí.
Al reposar sobre mí la luz, vi en el aire arriba de mí a dos Personajes, cuyo fulgor y gloria no admiten descripción. Uno de ellos me habló, llamándome por mi nombre, y dijo, señalando al otro: Este es mi Hijo Amado, ¡Escúchalo!

Told you i memorized the 1st vision ;)

Siempre adelante

No comments:

Post a Comment