Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Weekly letter from Josh

Hey dad! I want you to wish Mom a happy birthday for me! Tell her "cumpleaños feliz" it means happy birthday

I would like to send pictures, but I don't have the cord to connect my camera to the computer! Also, i wanted to have all the pictures and then share them in like a slideshow or something when I return. If you really want to, i can borrow a cord from someone else.

So! So i got injured again.......while we were playing soccer. We play soccer on an outdoor soccer court surrounded by a chain link fence, so we call it "cage soccer". anyways, so i go to kick the ball...and i miss and kick my toe into the concrete as hard as i can by mistake. Suave (smooth).......It hurt a lot! I thought i ripped off my toenail! But i didn't, luckily. So I walked off the court obviously. The next day i check it, and it is messed up! It's really bruised, this is my big toe, and the bruise looks like a 6. It legitimately looks like a 6, so i'm starting to think it's a sign of the devil, like a 666 deal. It's crazy! So it kinda hurts to walk now, which is lame, but don't worry about me :) I'll get better!


I gave a talk last sunday! So every sunday, they give us a topic and we're supposed to write a 5 minute talk about that topic. This week we had to speak about the atonement, which was super easy! I can go off on the atonement for like 30 minutes if i needed to......maybe. I ended up going over time, i think i spoke for 7 or 8 minutes. I didn't care, i felt that i gave a good talk. 

One thing that I really liked in my talk was how i described God's perspective when Christ was suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. This thought came to me while the person who spoke before me was giving their talk. I love to think of God as my own father, like my dad. Just imagine as a father, seeing his own son have to endure the greatest amount of pain possible. If i was in God's shoes, i have no idea what I would do, God kind of had to watch his own son suffer the pains and sins of the world, in order for us to return to Him. Maybe sometimes, we take that for granted.  So there's a spiritual thought for you all :)

Also on sunday, i had the opportunity to see Meet the Mormons! I absolutely loved it! You guys need to go see it, it's a really good movie. It's sort of a documentary type of film going through if i remember, around 5 or 6 different mormon families. I strongly recommend watching it :)

I got your letter! The one where you attached the picture of you and alex snowmobiling, that's so cool! I love those letters, it's sad though. Because that missionarypackagemx website only delivers to the mtc, not my mission. And i'm leaving on monday!!! That's so great!!

Yes, I finally depart from the CCM (MTC) next monday, at 2 p.m. I didn't expect to leave at 2 in the afternoon, because everybody else was leaving really early in the morning, at around 4 or 5 a.m. I think i heard of someone leaving at 3 in the morning. So that's another thing to be grateful for I guess, hahaha. 

So that's my week :)

Love,
Elder Morrison

Here's what my toe looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment