Wednesday, February 4, 2015

From Dad

Josh,
I'll be sending you a printed letter later this morning too but I wanted to drop you a little note that you will hopefully have time to read.

Of course the main thing on my mind is how you are doing. so.. How are you doing? Not a day goes by where I don't look up and wonder what is my son Josh doing. Is he learning a new word? Is he practicing a lesson? Is he playing basketball? Is he buying a street taco? 

Your mission has created a profound loneliness for me. This is a good thing because it makes me want to do my best in all that the Lord has asked me to do so that he somehow may reward my efforts by sending His blessings to you. I'm not sure if it works that way. You may have to qualify for your own blessings. The truth is we pray for you every night and hope for the best.

One last thing. About your emails to us. Keep in mind that we want to send this out to everyone that will want to read them. That's a lot of people. We want to hear about everything in your journey as a missionary. Please be careful in some of the words you choose. It's best to not use street language. Words like 'suck' and 'crap' are not the best choices. I'm sure when Alex leaves I'm going to have to have a talk with him about the word 'fart'. 

Remember Josh that we love to hear from you. Your letters are the milestone of our week. As soon as we get one, we are waiting for the next one. Whatever you write we will love. 

Love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment