Monday, March 30, 2015

From Dad to Josh

Another week is come and gone. In your last letter you had quite the story about the police giving you a ride home. I hope you are keeping a journal so you will always remember these amazing stories from your mission. 

Family history it a wonderful thing. Even though it can be a lot of work and quite frustrating at times, finding out about your family is where it's at. In all the things there are to do in life, nothing is more important than the family. The project I told you about that we are doing with the Salt Lake Tribune is still going. This week they are going to interview Aunt Memo and possibly me and my cousin. Next week grandfather is coming into town and they will talk to him as well as one of his cousins who is coming in from California. We might even be involved in a town hall meeting this summer where a panel of people will be talking about the murder and the trial that happened 100 years ago. That is supposed to happen in July. I'll find out more about that in the next couple of weeks.

You asked for our info so here it is:
Mom - 
born Feb 14, 1966 - Glendale, CA
married April 9, 1995 - Las Vegas, NV (coming up on 20 years!)

Me -
born Jan 30, 1963 - Edwards Airforce Base, CA

Nana
born Aug 11, 1947 - El Paso, TX
married July, 11, 1964

Grandpa
born Nov 4, 1942 - Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
died Aug 22, 2013

Grandmother
born Jan 11, 1931 - Miami, AZ
married Nov 4th 1955 (coming up on 60 years!!!)

Grandfather
born Jan 31, 1930 - Salt Lake City, UT


There ya have it. Let me know if you need more. I've got loads of family history stuff.

Last weekend we went to another rugby game. Jacob did played well. There were two guys that broke their wrist on the field. One was so bad people could hardly look at it. I did see that one. Later in the game another guy did it again and I saw his. It looked like the bone was almost coming out of the skin. All I can say is rugby is a tough sport. Only real men can play it. It's been real fun to get to know the other parents of Jacobs teammates. We had dinner with some of them on Saturday night. 

Other than work and rugby and family history, it doesn't seem like much else is happening. So I guess that's about it for now.

Remember how much we love you and our strongest prayers every night are for you. I hope you can feel the Lord answering them. Believe me, I know it may be hard to tell when the Lord is answering prayers for you but He will. 

Take care Josh and we can't wait to hear from you.

Love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment