Monday, March 23, 2015

From Josh to Everyone

WOAAAAHH!!!! That's amazing!! We're going to be famous! Hahahaha. That really boosts the importance of family history, doesn't it?

One thing that we focus on is family history, believe it or not. We have handed out this little booklets, where you can write down your information like your name, birthplace, and what you like to do. Then, you do the same thing with your parents, then your grandparents, then I'm pretty sure great-grandparents, I don't have the booklet with me. A group of members in our little branch are actually going to the temple in 2 weeks to do baptisms for the dead, so recently we have been sharing messages about family history. One time, I shared the story of Mosiah Lyman Hancock, when he was a little child he had to walk across the tundra and snow, without shoes!! I really hope I have that story correctly :) Speaking of stories, to fill out my little booklet, I need to know where you and Mom got married, and where Mom was born, and then the information for Grandmother and Grandfather, and Nana and Grandpa. Their birthdays, birthplaces, and the dates of their marriage, if you can find all that out
Haha so I believe this was two or three days ago, so my companion and I are waiting for the bus to come, it's around 8:30 to 9:00 at night. Then, a police truck comes in front of us and stops. Now, the police here are a bit different than the police in the United States. They drive heavy duty trucks, and they carry full-size rifles! Sometimes, they wear ski masks to hide their identity, because sometimes when they drug bust people, the drug dealers (Narcos in spanish) will somehow find out where they live, and kill them. No joke, it's messed up! So, the police can seem kinda scary. However, they're meant to be intimidating I guess, but when they pulled over next to us, they offered us a ride home! They were actually really nice guys! How awesome is that! We rode in the back seats of the truck and my companion was talking to them on the way to where we live, I didn't say much because my spanish is still a work in progress :)
So this week is the last week before the transfer is over, I'm going to complete my first transfer! How awesome! I'm most likely going to stay in the same area, but still, the mission is going by at a pretty decent pace. I don't know how I'm going to handle myself after my trainer goes to another area, but hey, one thing that he taught me was to just go for it. Don't worry about messing up, that's the only way you can figure out what doesn't work and what does work.
Oh! I have something to show you! Actually two things! This video of Jeffrey R. Holland speaking to some missionaries about the hard times of the mission. The video is called "For Times of Trouble", it's only like 4.30 minutes, but it's very powerful!
The other thing! There's an "iniciativa" that the Church is putting out, it's called "Gracias a que El vive". Ask mom to translate it :) It's about Easter, well, His resurrection, which happened on Easter. On April 5th, the church is going to release the video on Youtube, there's going to be an announcement on the front page of Youtube, you can't miss it. We have been passing out little cards with that information on it, and I invite you, along with the rest of the family, to share this information to everybody! Everyone should know about this :D
Other than that, more studying, more walking, and talking to the members, and people in general.  And I hope you're all excited for General Conference! I am!
Love you all!
Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment