Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekly letter from Josh

Hey family! Here I am, completing a week in my new area, which is SO nice, I love it! The area is called Bella Vista D, the D is there because we actually share the area with 3 other companionships. It's like one giant area with 4 separate companionships. Therefore, there's a ton of people here. More than I can count, probably 3 or 4 times more people here than my last area. I met the ward yesterday, church was significantly different. I went from a little branch of usually 20 to 25 people to a ward of 150 or so people. Honestly, I loved the change. There were deacons, teachers, two high priests blessed the sacrament, and I really enjoyed the difference haha.

My new companion is Elder Flores, he's from Merida, Yucatan. Merida is right by Cancun, so there's a reference for you. He's as tall as I am and fairly dark. He's hilarious and he works hard, he's been in the mission field for 9 months, and I'm good friends with his trainer, I thought that was interesting since his trainer was my last zone leader. Small missionary world I guess? It's been so great working with him thus far, and I have a good feeling that we're going to do great things in this transfer.

The food here is mainly the same, only a bit spicier. The members here are SO nice and friendly, and there's so many of them too! The chapel is really nice too, it's the same size as the chapel back home, if not a bit bigger. The only disadvantage is that church starts at 8 in the morning, so the church assistance really could be a bit bigger I feel like, it's hard to get up in the morning, I testify that to you guys :P

The area, Bella Vista, is like a giant residence area, I don't know the word for it, it's tons and tons of houses, and there's shops and stores inside. Like a community. I know there's a word for that sort of thing, I can't remember it though. Argh! I hope you know what I'm talking about haha.

This week, we have two new investigators, Anahi and Alma. Alma is the mom of Anahi, a young adult with a daughter. They're really nice, and they accept us well, although they didn't come to church yesterday. Sadness. The funny thing is that when we first visited them, and met them, they were shouting and saying all these things about the husband of Anahi (Who actually referred us to Anahi and Alma). By the end of this week, they were significantly calmer and quieter and more peaceful, because they have been keeping their commitments, such as praying and reading the Book of Mormon. It was really nice to see the effects of commitments like that, let's face it. The Church is true everybody, praise the Lord. 

We've just been working, visiting, contacting like crazy, eating, and I'm learning the area. I enjoy it so much, it's really interesting for me because I came from the wilderness pretty much to the city. I honestly like the city part more, except I can feel the difference in temperature. Wooh! It's getting hot here! Some members told me that it gets up to 120 degrees here, that's going to be fun. Also, there's giant thunderstorms here, so I might need a rain jacket :P

Oh! If you want to help me out, can you send me more shirts? I don't know how, but I went from having 10 or so shirts, to 4. I have 4 shirts. I also could use some garments, like 1 or 2 pairs (half poly, half cotton if you can). Also, I could use some pants. I only have 3 pairs of pants, i could use 1 or 2 more pairs I feel like. Uhhhh, shirts 17 or 17.5 is my neckline. garments, 38. Pants, my waist is 36, length 34. I think those are my numbers? But yeah, if you could send me those things, I would really benefit from that, if you can't, I still love you guys a ton! :P

So yeah, i think that's all! Here's to another week! Bye!
Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment