Monday, September 14, 2015

Another transfer down, and a new area!

Hey everybody! This week was a really good one! Fun things going on in my life. Still enjoying the heat here in mexico, but it really does feel like it's going down.

This weekend was really special because we got to see the rededication of the Mexico City temple, it was broadcasted in our chapel, since it's the stake center. On saturday, we saw a cultural activity broadcasted from mexico city, we invited some people and they came I was so happy! Anyways, this cultural thing was a play type of thing, where it was about the growth of the church in mexico. Honestly, I loved it! They also made a little summary of the book of mormon, from nephi all the way to joseph smith, it was very well done!

On sunday we were able to see one of the rededication sessions as well. It was awesome! we had to get a little pass to be able to enter, it was a little yellow slip. President Eyring and Elder Holland, along with some 70s took part in rededicating the temple. It was really cool to see President Eyring have a translator at his side, same with Elder Holland. The general authorities were able to speak spanish, so they did! A really cool part was that Elder Holland actually shared a part of his testimony in spanish, I loved it! One of the general authorities, Elder Benjamin de Hoyos, did the dedicatory prayer. It was an amazing experience, honestly :)

Now, some new things are going on here in my life. First off, I'm in a new area! It's called Etchojoa, I'm in the Navajoa Zone, it's south from Obregón. It's still hot as ever but it's really nice here. It's cool, I feel like I'm going to enjoy it. It's less 'city' and more towards the little 'village' type, but not completely. It's in between, if that makes sense. It's going to be a bit difficult because we are 'opening' the area. What that means, is that the missionaries that were here before....left, my companion and I don't know the area, so it's up to us to find the investigators that the previous missionaries were teaching and we need to figure out where everything is, where the members live, and yeah. It's going to be fun! Luckily each area has a folder containing teaching records and other forms about the area, so that should help us a bit. We'll see what happens. I really am excited to get to know this area. New people, new investigators, new everything!

So that's what's going on in my life, wish me luck! Until next monday!

Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment