Monday, October 26, 2015

Farewells and Mike 'n' Ike's

Hey everybody! This last week was the final week of this transfer, and it went by faster than I predicted, and it sure was one of the strangest transfers I have had so far.
This week wasn't too exciting, not too much happened. This past wednesday, we decided to help out another companionship in their area, so we went to their area to work for a couple hours. We all ate lunch together and then we went to work, my companionship and the two other elders we mainly contacted whoever we could find. The main goal was to try to find new referrals and new investigators for the sister companionship. Man, it was hard over in that area! There was hardly anybody in the streets, however we were able to contact around 10 people in about 3 hours, which is good. We didn't have as much success as we wanted, but it's alright. This upcoming week, we're going to do the same thing, but in my area specifically, so I hope it goes well!
This past saturday, we went to a baptism! One of the sister companionships had an investigator that got baptized, his name is Alonso, he's a chill guy. We were able to invite a recent convert's friend to the baptism, a new investigator named Jonatan (Like Jonathan, but mexican). We also had a quick lesson with him afterwards and we agreed on a baptismal date for the 28th of November, so now we're going to see what happens. Jonatan really is a cool kid, I can easily see him in the baptismal font in white clothing :)
So, as I mentioned before, a new transfer has begun, and my companion Elder Calvo left for another area. Today I received a new companion, and he's my first american companion! His name is Elder Poaletti and he's from New Jersey (No he doesn't have an accent) He has about a year in the field and he's a really cool guy, I'm excited to work with him for the next 6 weeks. 
That's really it for this week, so until next monday!
Sincerely,
Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment