Monday, November 2, 2015

Fútbol, Halloween, and the Virgin Mary

Hey everybody! October is over, and now moving on to November. It's really weird for me to think that this year is almost over! Also, this week I'm going to complete 10 months in the mission. I can't explain how weird it is to know that I've been in Mexico for 10 months already, it feels like it hasn't been that long!
So, this week was the first week of this transfer, and wow what an interesting week it was! First, an elder in my district WAS going to train a new missionary in this transfer. However, there was a little problem.....this new missionary didn't come to the mission field. My elder friend, Elder Steele, was waiting and waiting in the chapel for his new trainee to arrive, but he never did! So, he stayed with us for about a day. We actually ended up spending the night in his house (we share the same area, so we live in the same area).  The next day, Tuesday, he received a new companion, Elder Rojas, a mexican that has almost a year in the mission. They get along well, and I feel like they're going to be great companions. 
This week went very well for us, Elder Poaletti and I. It's been the best week I've had since I arrived here last transfer. We were able to find a lot of new investigators, that actually are interested in the gospel. With that said, I feel like we're going to do a lot of work, and have a lot of success in the transfer, maybe even a baptism! We're working on it ;) We get along great, he really is such a cool guy, he likes to work and he's just a nice guy to be around.
As many of you know, this last saturday was Halloween. Fun fact, people trick or treat here too in Mexico! I bet you didn't know that! Because I didn't until I saw tons of little kids dragging their parents around and asking for candy from everyone. It was really cool to see all the little kids dressed up in costumes running around for candy, it reminded me of home :)
Yesterday, was the first sacrament meeting with my new companion, and thankfully one of our investigators was able to come to church! His name is Jonathan, and he's 13, and he's a cool kid. He has a good amount of friends that are members, in fact, they attend the ward that we're in, so he can easily fit in. He likes to listen to our message, and we're planning his baptism for November 28. Prayers would be really nice, I would appreciate it :)
That's really it for this week, not too much, but just enough to make it interesting I guess :)
Until next week!
Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment