Monday, November 16, 2015

Used Clothes, Surprise Invitations, etc.

Hey everybody! Another week down in November, it's actually starting to cool down now. It's actually a little bit cold in the mornings and at night. I love it! It's amazing, the heat is officially gone and 'winter' is now starting.
This week was pretty good for us, a few good things, a few not as good things. However, we're still pushing through, we're happy with the progress that we've seen with our investigators and we've been finding new investigators every now and again :)
Monday and Tuesday were normal days, P-Day and District meetings, and yeah. Epic story actually, on Tuesday. So, we had appointments planned in the evening, but we were supposed to go to a meeting with the ward missionary leader in the evening as well. We thought, "What are we going to do????", We rushed to all the appointments that we could (only like 3, but still!), we were able to teach 2 of those 3 (which is amazing) and we managed to get a ride from the bishop to the chapel, and we made it in time for the meeting with the ward missionary leader. We were so happy because we thought we were going to either have to drop an appointment or skip the meeting, but we were able to do all that we needed to do. DO WORK!
Wednesday, after eating lunch (and brownies), we took a few hours and we worked in the sister missionaries's area in order to help them out contacting referrals and finding more people for them to teach. They specifically asked my companion and I to accompany them in an appointment with one of their investigators. This investigator is very VERY interesting, she claims to see spirits around her that talk to her and ask her for help and other crazy things. She was feeling sick, so the sister missionaries explained that as elders we were able to give special priesthood blessings. We gave her, and her son who was also feeling sick, blessings and they said that they felt something so special throughout their entire body. I'm just going to say that this was a very interesting experience for all 4 of us missionaries
Thursday, we played foosball (futbolito), it was awesome.
Friday, in the morning as I was cooking breakfast and as my companion was in the shower, we received a call from one of the AP's and he told us that there's a meeting in the chapel in about an hour and we have to go. It was like 7:25 and it started at 8:30. Snap. We rushed to get ready and we hurried to the church as fast as we could. We made it to the chapel, and the meeting hadn't started yet. I think they were waiting for us to arrive so that they could begin. Well.....a little heads up would have been nice! Also, we lost the chance to have 4 lessons, 3 of which could have been really important for us. Oh well, Mission President's orders. The meeting was about how we can improve in our district meetings, other things, and a christmas message that we're going to be sharing with everybody next month. I really am excited for this iniciative, it's going to be great!
On Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to a retirement home and sing hymns for a handful of elderly folk. 3 of the 4 companionships in our district went, it was really fun to go and meet the elderly and sing for them. They loved it and they told us that they want us to come back and sing for them again and again. It was so heartwarming, the Spirit was there, and yeah. Old people are awesome.
On Sunday, in church there was a primary program which was really nice to see. Some primary kids shared little messages and they all sang primary hymns. It reminded me of when I was in primary and when I was part of those programs during sacrament meeting. Then, let's fast forward to the night. We were running all over our area to find rides for our investigators so that they can come to church. We stopped by one member's house and the lights were off. They were our last hope of getting our investigators a ride to church. We were in front of their house, thinking of who else could help us. Then, all of a sudden, the porch light turns on. The wife comes out and asks us if we wanted to come in. They were in another room, watching a movie! The husband said that he just randomly had the need to drink some water so he went to the kitchen to get some water and that's when he saw us. He told his wife to come see and then that's when they invited us in for some dinner. We asked them for help with our investigators and they were more than happy to help. Unfortunately, all of our investigators that were going to go to church.....canceled on us. They all told us that they couldn't come to church in that same morning. It was a bummer for us, but it was for special reasons, so I still have hope for next sunday.
So yeah, my week was quite an interesting one. I'm fine with that, it makes the mission fun! Let's see what we can do in this upcoming week, and we'll see what happens.
Love you all!
Elder Morrison