Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekly letter from Josh

Hey family! Another week flown by! This week felt like it was only 3 days long, it was weird. This week....not a lot happened, just more work, keeping busy. As well as the heat, it´s getting up to 100´s everyday, and its getting worse. WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, not a whole ton of exciting things happened this week, a few things worth mentioning though. This last saturday there was a baptism! A companionship in our district baptized a Ramona Zavala, that was fun. It was really nice to see a baptism, and it was great because some our invesigators came too! These two investigators are progressing very well! They have a baptismal date for June 20th, it's coming up soon! But my companion and I are so sure that they're going to be baptized on the 20th. Almost 100%, we just need to teach them a bit more. The baptism was nice, just how a normal baptism goes, hymn then a prayer, then the actual baptism. A member shared her testimony, as well as the person who got baptized. 

This week I learned, well more like added to my knowledge, that the Book of Mormon really is the keystone of our religion. The Book of Mormon has the power to change lives. The great example of that is with our two investigators Anahi and Alma. The first day we met them, they were screaming at us, complaining about Anahi's husband (who was a member) and saying stuff about him, all loud. As we continued to teach them, and since they're reading the Book of Mormon, they completely changed. They're now just so....calm. They don't shout, they're really friendly and open. It's amazing! This book changed them! This week they told us that they're starting to realize that this church is true, which is really great!!!! I'm so sure that they're going to get baptized!

Last friday I witnessed my first bible bash, my companion and this one religious guy starting arguing about how the Law of Moses changed when Christ came, or that it didn't change according to this man. I don't remember what his religion is called, but basically they worship the 10 commandments. As they went on, my companion completely proved him wrong, but this guy kept going off on how the Law of Moses is perfect and how the 10 commandments are perfect. It got a bit heated, and once we realized that, we felt that we needed to get out of there before it got worse. The next day, my companion and I visited him really fast to apologize, he accepted it and he again shared with us that the 10 commandments are everything. We just went with it and left.

So, that's whats going on in my life over here, in hot hot mexico. Fun fact, it's going to be in the 100's this week. The highest is 110, this week is going to be fantastic.

Until next week!
Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment